Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #8

RSS Feeds and Goggle Reader
I knew about RSS feeds from an EBSCO training we did last year, however I never really used them or put them into practice. Google Reader will probably make it easier to keep track of things. I also think it could be one more list of things that I will have to get to. I can see this becoming to big to read all at once so I like the way Google Reader gives you ways to organize the feed into folders and the list feature will all you to browse through what you really want to read and what you can skip.
I think this technology will be very important in both school and personal life. I can see it being very useful to help keep things in one place. I spend so much time trying to visit all the diffferent web sites that I like and some I just never seem to have time to look at. This will give me just little bites of information that will help keep me up to date with the ones I look at most.

I can see that my Principal especially would benefit from this technology. She subscribes to many blogs both personally and professionallly and I do not think she keeps them all in one place. I am excited to be able to show her something to help make her life a little more streamlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto