Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing # 11

Library Thing
I created an account at Library Thing and it truly was simple. I chose 5 different books, 2 that I am currently reading or just finished and some of my cook books. It was very easy to add the books. I liked the suggestions of other titles from the Library Thing site as well as other readers suggestions. I even signed up to receive advanced copies of books from publishers, that is one of my favorite parts of TLA!

I looked at the records that were created and can see this being useful for books that are problems to find records for. It will at least give enough information to get a book in the system so students can check it out and then later you can go back and complete the record.

The book groups were interesting. The challenge of reading 50, 75 or 100 books in a year looked up my alley. The list of books that some users created have good suggestions.

The Hogwarts Express group caught my interest, since as you can see I am waiting anxiously for the release of the 6th Harry Potter movie. (Yes I will be at the theater on Midnight, July 14th! No I will not be dressed up as my daughter and her friends said that I was not allowed to go if I wore my witch hat or cape. However, I am taking my wand in my purse though and Yes I am rereading the book right now!)

I added an RSS feed to my google reader for Library thing. It is definitely a site to check back with often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto