Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing # 13

Delicious will make keeping a list of bookmarks easy. No more going to each computer to add the links you need to favorites or putting them on the link toolbar! Delicious has great potiential for research. Students can work in groups and find online resources and then create tags for these using a specific tag for their group so that all members can access this. I wish I had access to a site like this when I was taking my college classes, it would have made it so much easier to keep up with all the different sites I was using.
TEachers and librarians can use this site to share bookmarks. I know that I spend alot of time looking for sites to use in my library program, the problem is that I keep the bookmarks in my favorites on whatever computer I am using and then frustration sets in when I am looking for a site and I realize it was bookmarked on the home computer and I am at school.
In the podcast I learned that you can use a specific tag, such as BISD on sites that you want to share with colleges and then when they go to search all the interesting sites that we have found can be easily shared.

I looked at several of the other bookmarking sites, however I felt that Delicious was easier to use.

4 comments:

  1. I remember LeeAnn telling us about Delicious and how it helped her manage 2 libraries without having to save sites to her "Favorites" on 2 different harddrives...I am hoping I won't need it for the same reason next year ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you up so early? Have you heard anything about next year yet? Call me! I think we should start using a specific tag for all the cool sites we find, that way we can easily share them, or we can create a BISD elementary librarian account and tag things to that. Anything we find that is worth using - just think no more emailing links to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up early because....
    1. menopause
    2. keeping 4 month old great niece to give her parents a mini-vacation...got up to give her (4 months old) a bottle...she went right back to sleep I was wide awake
    3. because I am an idiot!!!

    Have heard a little about the job...will call you with details.

    I agree on the tag...any suggestions? "BISD librarians" ? too long!

    I am not going to do the Podcast...I will do my own and post it using Photostory that way I can spend time with the family.
    CS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand. Family has to come first! Finish the Thing #21 - Podcasting and then you will get 18 "Great Aunt" when she sleeps you need to sleep!

    ReplyDelete

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto