Thursday, July 2, 2009

Smile

Happy 4th of July to all you 23 Thing Bloggers! Yes I changed my avatar just for the holiday. Changing the avatar and designing the background for the blog is really addictive.
I also skipped ahead and looked at You Tube for links to fireworks for all of you who don't want to sit out in the mosquitoes and heat to watch fireworks.
Here is the link to some cool fireworks in Washington D.C. along with Patriotic music!
Or, here is one link to see the Wishes firework display currently at Walt Disney World. It is probably the best fireworks I have ever seen!

I am a little prejudiced since my oldest daughter is at Walt Disney World doing an internship and I won't see her until August! She has been there since January! But she is having the time of her life!

Well.... Good BBQ, Beach, Lake, or inside hiding from the heat, or whatever you do on the fourth. Be safe, have fun and see you next week.

4 comments:

  1. the fireworks displays at WDW are among my fondest memories of trips there with my children...years ago! :-)
    thanks for sharing the memory for this weekend!

    what an interesting internship your daughter must be having...doing/learning ?

    Is it as nice a place to work as it is to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a Hotel/Restaurant major and she has been there since January doing an inservice at the Pop Century Resort. She took classes in the spring at Disney and online from UofH. She earned a Ducktorate for her Disney classes. She is working in the food court and loves it. She has actually been able to put some of her class work into practice and made suggestions for some signage changes. She loves the people she works with and the place. But who wouldn't... when she is not at work she has 4 theme parks, 2 water parks and Downtown Disney to hang out at. I just wonder how she will adapt to coming home to a small town with the best shopping being a Wal-Mart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One other thing, my video of the fireworks is not showing up, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just played it again...works just fine for me? could it have been a temp orary issue maybe...hope all is well for you now.

    and thanks for sharing the adventure your daughter is having..soundssuper "fun!"

    ReplyDelete

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto