Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing #7

I could spend all day exploring the cool tools that Google has to offer.
I spent several hours using the Google Advanced Search and looking for information on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. I even found articles about School Library 2.0 at School Library Journal. The ability to search for a specific file format lead me to all different types of Power Points that are already created that could be used in a setting with administrators and teachers. The article What is Web 2.0 by Tim Riley was the first to coin the Web 2.0 term and gave some good information about what all this "stuff" is.
I also spent a lot of time with my igoogle page. It was fun choosing the gadgets and then the themes and moving things around on the page. I spent several hours again and still didn't get through all the gadgets.
I can see this being very useful for teachers. They can desing the page to use all the things they need for the day. I am going to set one up for our school since a lot of this information we need for the morning announcements and this would put it all in one place.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to copy the 2.0 poster!! Love it!
    You had some great ideas! Thanks for taking the helm and getting the playground ready for us to play....I am learning bunches!!!! I am nominating ou to be Dodgeball Captain (kickball capts are already taken...you are able to dodge all our needs and still get us moving forward! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto