Thursday, July 29, 2010

11.5 More Things - Thing 7

I have looked at all the video sites. Hulu will be great when you are needing a clip from a tv show or movie.
Blinkx has some wonderful videos that would be great to use to collaborate with teachers in the classroom, since it is a video search engine all the videos are in one place so you are not having to search multiple sites for the same topic.
The PBS and National archives sites had some great video to share for history and science topics.
I love the totlol site. I teache in a PreK-4 school and I am always looking for new things to use with Pre-K. The videos on this site fit that bill! I also teach a year long unit on Nursery Rhymes to Kinder so the videos here that have the rhymes being read are great. I plan on setting up stations next year when we do the rhyme and having the students watch them being read and doing a craft activity with the kids for each rhyme so these will tie in great.
http://www.totlol.com/collection_videos?c=2401 this is the link to the collection of videos. You have to go to You Tube to get the embed codes.


I found this video on the Frog Prince. Our 3rd grade teachers do a unit on Fairy tales so I plan on using this in the library and comparing this version to the one they read in class.
Blip TV - Frog Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto