Friday, July 30, 2010

11.5 More Things - Thing 10

Virtual Worlds! - Wow this was an interesting experience. I created my avatar and entered Second World no problem, however there was this guy who would not leave me alone. I was going through the first 6 learning instructions, to learn how to walk, sit, fly, transport, etc. He kept following me and trying to have a conversation, I kept nicely telling him to go away, but to no avail. He even followed me when I transported to a clothing store - Creepy! I was really glad when Second life crashed and my whole computer restarted to be honest. As neat as the experience was, it was very uncomfortable having that guy bothering you.
I do not think I would use this in any way with my elementary students. I would not even expose them to just watching, because of what just happened. It would be a great way to teach bullying, but not at an elementary level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto