Friday, July 9, 2010

11.5 More Things - Thing 3

I love Skype! I use it currently to "talk" to my nephew who lives in Houston. Aunt Shell reads him stories and he shows me the games he is playing on Wii. There are so many uses for Skype! I can see it being used across the district or across the world. My only problem will be selling it to the people in the district. There is always the possibility that there will be a bandwidth problem.
I agree with the Learning Librarian that Skype is "an excellent resource for broadening their minds and teaching them about life in other countries." I know the world geography class at the high school does a project on another country it would be a wonderful experience if they could interact through Skype with students in that country.
Skype would also be a great advantage to meetings that currently take place after school hours. If they district could utilize this then two sets of teachers at two campuses could meet during conference periods instead of outside hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto