Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #22

Nings are such a wonderful tool. I do not have a Facebook or Myspace, so Nings were my first real attempt at social networking. Having 2 teenage daughters they think it would be weird for mom to be on Facebook. I like the fact that this is a social network with people who have the same professional interests as you. I also appreciate that you can be members on different groups with separate interests. I think this would be a great help in connecting with other professionals and asking for advice, posting suggestions, or just sharing all our common knowledge. It provides us with the platform to share with others who will appreciate what we have to offer.
I am planning to join the Texas School Librarians Ning and the Teacher Librarian Ning and I plan on sharing this at our first faculty meeting of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto